Sunday, October 12, 2014

Came Out to My Mom

So, as my letter said, in the spirit of National Coming Out Day, I read my letter to my mother. I had my ex-husband there as someone who is supportive, for me, but also someone my mom would be comfortable with. She listened to the letter, didn't interrupt at all. After I was done, she was crying. She told me it was a shock, but she hugged me and told me that she just needed some time to process it. She said she loves me, and she always will, and that she just wants me to be happy. She got a little faint, and my ex helped her to a chair. She was still crying a little, but she promised me she was okay, and said again that she just needed some time. I gave her permission to talk to her boyfriend of 4 years about it (they live together, so it's inevitable that she would), and he also will know to keep it to himself for now. All in all, I would say that it went very well, even better than I could imagine. I am so happy! This is a really positive step for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment