Saturday, October 11, 2014

National Coming Out Day

So, a friend told me that today is National Coming Out Day, so I looked it up and, indeed, that is a thing. I had been contemplating coming out to my mother this weekend anyway, and now I have decided that instead of waiting until tomorrow to do it, I am going to seize the day for what it is, and finally get the balls (pun intended) to tell my mom that I'm a boy. I don't know how she's going to take it, at least not fully, or exactly how I am going to tell her yet, but I do know that putting it off will not make it any easier. I expect that there will be crying, and she will probably blame herself, feeling that she did something wrong as a parent, but I will do my best to assure her that that isn't true, because there is nothing wrong with me. I was just born different, and that's okay. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment